Room ASP A1E-1, European Parliament, Brussels
Wednesday, 29 November (1-2.30pm)
Organised by UNHCR and the European Network on Statelessness, this lunchtime meeting will look at the impact lack of a nationality has on Roma who cannot be legally employed, own property, access health insurance, get married or register the birth of their children.
This event will present new research, and is intended to raise awareness and to facilitate a discussion about relevant strategies and next steps to address the issue in neighbourhood countries of the EU and (potential) candidate countries, as well as within the EU.
- Soraya Post MEP (S&D)
- Inge Sturkenboom, UNHCR
- Chris Nash and Nina Murray, European Network on Statelessness
- Elvis Beriša, NGO Walk with us - Phiren Amenca, Montenegro
- Marta Garcia Fidalgo, DG NEAR European Commission
- Margaret Tuite, DG JUST European Commission
- Anna Maria Corazza Bildt MEP (EPP), Co-chair of the Intergroup on Children’s Rights
- Hilde Vautmans MEP (ALDE)
- Terry Reintke MEP (Greens)
You can download the full agenda here.
Please RSVP to email@example.com by 21 November. If you need an access badge to enter the parliament, please include your full name, date of birth, nationality, ID number and type of document (passport/ID card).